London United entertained newly promoted Kings Lynn on Saturday and title chasers Reading Rockets on Sunday at Brunel Osterley.

In a lack lustre performance on Saturday London won by a 24 point margin against a battling Kings Lynn team that have improved vastly as the season has gone on. United finished victors at 85-61 with Pete Deppisch nailing 20 and Santa Ataha 17. Kings Lynn made a close game of it up until the 4th quarter when United pulled away with some slick passing and shooting.

Sundays game against Reading was a must win game for Reading, having to win all of their remaining fixtures to keep the league in their sites with Worthing Thunder currently setting the pace.

United started well taking a 6 point lead through 3 fast breaks from Walid Mumuni, although Madsen nailed a 3 pointer to keep Rockets close.

United managed to keep the lead throughout the first quarter as Deppisch nailed two successive long range shots giving United an 18-14 spread.

It was apparent that this was going to be a close game with United determined to show their worth after a disappointing run in to the season and their work rate at the defensive end was notched up a gear from recent performances. Robert Klocek was keeping Rockets scoring guard Thomas Kersis at bay with some aggressive defending, and Readings inside players were finding it hard to get space against the United big men Reid, Van Elswyk and Quashie.

Reading worked hard in the 2nd quarter to keep the game close and United managed to keep the lead throughout by 2 or 3 points until the final minute of the half when Readings Lloyd Gardner put his team in front by one point, however on London's last offence Damian Reid made a strong inside move to give United a 1 point margin at the half at 38-37.

The third quarter was another close affair with Damian Reid stepping up for London with a huge "dunk" and some great hustle on the offensive boards. His 7 points helped United stay in front until the last few seconds of the quarter as Readings American guard EJ Harrison hit a 3 pointer to tie the game at 59-59.

In the final quarter Reading started the brighter with Sandell going to the basket and Wellings going to the foul line stretching the lead to 59-62. Then London's Santa Ataha beat EJ Harrison off the dribble to score a lay-up. Kersis nailed a three pointer for Reading as Deppisch replied at the other end for the home team. Then after some great team defence Reid and Ataha added another two baskets to change the lead in London favour at 68-65 with 5 minutes remaining.

The lead swung again after Kersis and Harrison scored for Reading off of United's turnovers although Klocek scored a breakaway basket with 3 minutes remaining to bring United to within 2 at 70-72.

It looked like the nail in United's coffin with less than 2 minutes on the clock as Wellings and Kersis scored lay-ups through United's defence.

With 1 minute on the clock and scores at 74-78 to Reading, Damian Reid was fouled under the basket to shoot and miss both his free shots, Reading then missed their field goal attempt and United came down court and made a great lay-up from Klocek to bring United to within 2 at 76-78 and 35 seconds remaining.

Reading failed to score again on their last offence and with 8 seconds on the score clock Santa Ataha raced up court to deliver a pass to Damian Reid who stepped out to the top of the three point arc to nail a buzzer beating three to win the game for United at 79-78.

Reading fans, loud throughout the game, were stunned as they were pipped at the post by the hard working United and could now be overtaken by Worthing to win the league.

United's coaches and players were all ecstatic to win the game stating "We have been on the end of quite a few like that in the past two seasons, and its a great feeling to have the luck fall on our side for a change!"

This win helps United to climb up the table to 7th place and with a play-off spot already secured will help boost team morale going into three very hard games over the next two weeks before the pay-offs start.

United will play at Manchester on Saturday evening and then return to Osterley for their last home game of the season against Sheffield Arrows on Sunday 19th March tip off at 4pm, tickets available on the door.

United's scorers: Deppisch 22, Reid 16, Ataha 12, Klocek 10, Mumuni 8, Van Elswyk 8, Quashie 3.