QPR boss Mark Warburton bemoaned his side’s lack of urgency as they went down 2-0 on the road at Huddersfield on Saturday, making it three consecutive league defeats for the Rs. 

First-half strikes from Josh Koroma and Harry Toffolo was enough for the Terriers to claim the victory at the John Smith’s Stadium, with the visitors rarely threatening Ben Hamer in the home goal. 

The disappointing defeat capped off a wretched week for Rangers, after going down to local rivals Brentford and Bristol City in the past eight days, leaving them looking over their shoulder at the relegation zone once again.  

And Warburton believes his players have been feeling the effects of the heavy schedule in the Championship recently, with his side looking off the pace throughout the 90 minutes.  

“We were lacklustre, second to the ball too many times and lost too many duels,” the Rangers boss said. 

“We were second best right across the park for the full 90 minutes. We conceded a soft early goal after four minutes, letting their player come inside onto his strong foot. It was a great finish but we made it far too easy for him. 

“Sometimes we are very good and cut teams open. Today we were the recipients of that. We just looked off the pace all over the park. And overall, we just looked heavy-legged. 

“There is no point me sitting here and saying otherwise. We could have been 3-0 down at half time, easily.” 

The writing was on the wall from the off in Yorkshire, as the QPR defence continued to backtrack as Koroma advanced with the ball in the early stages, allowing the former-Leyton Orient man to pick his spot from 20 yards, and he duly obliged to give his side the lead.  

The tricky winger seemed to be involved in everything that Huddersfield did well in the first half, and he was involved for the second goal as well, as his delicate ball was played right into Toffolo’s path, before the midfielder slotted past Seny Dieng to double the advantage.  

Dieng had to be on his toes to keep the hosts from adding to their lead later in the game, in what was a bad day at the office for the Rs, who find themselves just six points above the drop zone ahead of Tuesday night’s clash with Millwall.  

A clearly unhappy Warburton hooked striker Lyndon Dykes at halftime in Saturday’s clash, before another double substitution just ten minutes into the second-half saw Chris Willock and Geoff Cameron make way. 

The striker has already featured in 22 matches since the start of September, and despite his five goals this season, the Rangers boss felt the early change was necessary with the Scotland international feeling the effects of a busy period of football. 

“Please don’t make Lyndon to be a scapegoat – I could have made seven or eight changes at the break,” Warburton said.  

“Lyndon has had so much football of late, playing for Scotland as well as ourselves. He just looked leggy today. 

“What we have to do now is rest, recover well and prepare for a reaction at Millwall on Tuesday night.”