Akuila Uate scored twice as Huddersfield Giants continued their recent Super League rival by scoring seven tries in a 38-26 win at London Broncos.

The visitors came out flying in the capital, going ahead in just the third minute courtesy of Josef Wardle’s score. Matthew English was the instigator, attracting defenders from all angles, allowing the second-row to open Huddersfield’s account.

Alex Walker scored arguably the try of the afternoon – scorching home from 60 metres out after scything open the Giants defence with some quick feet – but it was only momentary respite for Danny Ward’s side.

Jordan Turner scored from the very next set as the Broncos defence failed to re-set quickly enough, before Uate registered his first.

Taking a lovely reverse pass from Kruise Leeming, the winger had plenty to do in very little space, but squeezed over in spite of plenty of black-shirted attention.

Jermaine McGillvary, recently named in the England performance squad, was next on the scoresheet, taking a smart offload from Lee Gaskell to shoot over for number four, and Seb Ikahihifo plundered over for number five minutes before the interval, profiting from Turner’s hard yards.

Home skipper Jay Pitts gave his side a lifeline to take into the break, latching on to Jordan Abdull’s neat dink in behind the Giants midfield but, at 28-12, there was just too much to do for the Broncos in the second-half, with Huddersfield managing the game expertly to go home with the full quota of points.

Rhys Williams scored early after the resumption, taking Pitts’ pass after he’d picked off a fumble from Uate to race over from half-way, but that was as close as London were going to get.

Uate dotted down for his second ten minutes later, with some haphazard London defence aiding their own downfall and allowing the winger to go over in the corner and despite Kieran Dixon adding a well-worked fourth for the Broncos, who stayed patient to go from left to right to tee up their own wingman, the Giants snuffed it out with a seventh.

Alex Mellor was the man to take the plaudits, making the most of hesitancy in the London ranks right on their own try-line, putting the Giants 16 points ahead into the closing stages.

Dixon completed the scoring for the afternoon to bring to an end an entertaining affair in Ealing, but the Giants were deserved victors, always keeping their opponent at arms-length for the duration.

A third win in four for Simon Woolford’s men sees them go level on points with a Broncos side who suffered a second home defeat in as many weeks. They’ll have to pick themselves quickly ahead of a short turnaround and a trip to Warrington next Friday night.