FIRE crews were called to a suspected carbon monoxide leak at a house in Bromyard Avenue, Acton, yesterday (14).

Two adults and a child were taken to hospital suffering from suspected poisoning.

Firefighters used specialist equipment to carry out a systematic sweep of the building and found high readings of carbon monoxide. They ensured these had fallen before leaving.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “You can't taste, see or smell CO fumes, but it can kill in minutes.

"It's really important to fit a CO alarm in all rooms containing fuel burning appliances, ensuring the alarm can be heard throughout the property.”

The brigade was called at 5.27pm and the incident was over by 8.02. Two fire engines from Acton and Chiswick and two rescue units from Wembley and Euston attended.