FIREFIGHTERS have issued a cooking safety reminder after a blaze at a terrace house in Westfield Road, West Ealing, yesterday evening (3).

Part of the ground floor was damaged after, it is believed, combustible materials were on a hob in the kitchen.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than any other room.

“It’s really important you don’t leave cooking unattended and never leave fabrics, such as tea towels, near a cooker or hob. If you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the heat.”

The brigade was called at 7.31 and the fire was under control by 8.24. Four fire engines and around 25 crew from Ealing, Acton and Southall attended.