FIREFIGHTERS are warning of the dangers of leaving cooking unattended after a blaze in a flat in Friary Road, Acton, yesterday (18).

Part of a three-room flat on the second floor was damaged. A woman was treated at the scene after inhaling smoke.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by unattended cooking.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “Fires are more likely to start in the kitchen than in any other room.

"Cooking should never be left unattended on the hob or grill and, if you have to leave the kitchen, turn off the heat.

“Never try to tackle a fire yourself. Leave it to the professionals and call 999.”

The brigade was called at 9.38am and the fire was under control by 10.37. Four engines and around 25 crew from Acton, Ealing, Chiswick and Hammersmith attended.