FIREFIGHTERS are reminding people of kitchen and laundry goods safety advice after a blaze at a nursery in Windmill Road, Ealing, last night (17).

Part of an external utility room was damaged by fire. There were no reports of any injuries.

The fire was accidental and believed to have involved a tumble dryer.

A London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: “If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it.

“If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.

“Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought.” 

The brigade was called at 7.46 and the fire was under control by 8.11. Four fire engines and around 25 firefighters from Ealing, Acton, Chiswick and Heston attended.