SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - GREEN LANENotice ID: WAT0909676
SECTION 14(1 )(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - GREEN LANE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they intend to make a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Green Lane) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational on 3rd December 2018 and shall remain in effect until 3rd January 2019 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 3rd December 2018.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting Green Lane between a point opposite the southern boundary wall of Evergreen Lodge and a point opposite the northern boundary wall of No. 31 Green Lane.
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading on Green Lane, the east side, between a point 7.51 metres south of the northern boundary wall of Boveda and a point 33.42 metres south of that point.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 or 3 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with traffic island works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route via Stanmore Hill and Church Lane. Dated 29th November 2018
Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA