PUBLIC NOTICE SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT0594743
PUBLIC NOTICE: SECTION 14(1)(A) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - WEST STREET
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to allow for multi utility works to take place.
1. This order shall be cited as The Harrow (West Street) Temporary Traffic Order 2018, and shall be operational from 30th April 2018 and shall remain in effect until 30th July 2018 or until the completion of the works, whichever is sooner.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from entering or exiting West Street between its junctions with Crown Street and Lower Road.
3. Nothing in paragraph 2 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the multi utility works
4. The provisions of the order shall not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
5. Diversion via; Lower Road, Bessborough Road, Lowlands Road, Peterborough Road and vice versa.
Dated 26th April 2018
Ian Slaney -
Head of Parking and Network Management, Community Directorate, PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2XA