THE GREATER LONDON AUTHORITY NOTICE UNDER THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 ('DMPO'). PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT AT: HOMEBASE, 84 MANOR ROAD, NORTH SHEEN, TW9 1YBNotice ID: SUT2265323
THE GREATER LONDON AUTHORITY
NOTICE UNDER THE TOWN AND COUNTRY PLANNING (DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND) ORDER 2015 ('DMPO'). PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT AT: HOMEBASE, 84 MANOR ROAD, NORTH SHEEN, TW9 1YB
On 14 February 2019, planning application (reference 19/0510/FUL) ('the Application') was submitted to the London Borough of Richmond by Avanton Richmond Developments Ltd ('the Applicant') for the following development. On 29 July 2019, the Mayor of London issued a direction under Article 7 of the Town and Country Planning (Mayor of London) Order 2008 that the Mayor will act as the Local Planning Authority for the purposes of determining the Application. Subsequent to that direction, the Applicant submitted revisions to the Application to the Mayor on 22 November 2019 which were consulted upon in December 2019 and January 2020. Following that consultation, on 31 July 2020 the applicant made further revisions to the application, which were consulted on in August 2020. A Representation Hearing was then held on 1 October 2020 where the Mayor considered the application and resolved to grant planning permission subject to the completion of a S106 agreement.
On 17 November 2021 the applicant submitted further revisions to the Application. These revisions include the following:
- Minor realignment of the application red line boundary to reflect the site ownership as shown on the revised application drawings. This results in a small decrease in the overall site area (768.7sqm) and the relocation of the proposed car club spaces and refuse holding area.
- Amendments to the affordable housing tenure split to provide an increase in London Affordable Rent (LAR) units within the affordable housing offer for the Application following the adoption of the London Plan 2021. This results in 18 additional LAR units (43 habitable rooms) with a corresponding decrease in intermediate affordable housing (London Living Rent). A revised Area and Accommodation schedule has been provided.
- The submission of a Revised Application Form, OIL form, Certificates, Design and Access Architectural Addendum, Landscaping Addendum, Construction Environmental Management Plan, Planning Statement, Digital Connectivity Note and Revised Waste Management Strategy Addendum to reflect the changes to the application site boundary and the requirements of the London Plan 2021.
- An updated Transport Assessment and Travel Plan to reflect changes to the local bus network since the Mayor considered the Application at the Representation Hearing on 1 October 2020 and changes to the application site boundary.
The description of the proposed development remains as follows:
"Demolition of existing buildings and structures and comprehensive phased residential-led redevelopment to provide 453 residential units (of which 173 units will be affordable), flexible retail, community and office uses, provision of car and cycle parking, landscaping, public and private open spaces and all other necessary enabling works."
Hard copies of the revisions to the Application detailed above can be inspected by members of the public at all reasonable hours between 8.30am on 25 November 2021 until 4.30pm on 16 December 2021 at 169 Union Street, London SE1 0LL. Copies of these documents are also available online at:
- Richmond Council website at:
(using ref: 19/0510/FUL)
- GLA website at:
Representations about these detailed revisions to the Application can be submitted in writing or online to the following address and should be received by 16 December 2021:
- Online via:
- By post: Manor Road, The Planning Team, Greater London Authority, City Hall, Kamal Chunchie Way, London E16 1ZE.
Representations received after the date referred to above, but before a decision is made, may still be taken into account but failure to meet this deadline could result in your representations not being considered.