ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1349041
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A243 GLA ROAD (HOOK ROAD, LEATHERHEAD ROAD AND KINGSTON ROAD, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph
2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow resurfacing works to take place at Hook Road, Leatherhead Road and Kingston Road.
3. The effects of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on A243 Hook Road, Leatherhead Road and Kingston Road between its Junction with Hook Rise South and the administrative borough boundary of Royal Borough of Kingston Upon Thames. Local access will be maintained.
The Order will be effective from 9:00 PM on 16th September 2019 until 5:30 AM 31st December 2019 or until the works has been completed. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibition will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via: (for heavy goods vehicle) Oxshott Road, Leatherhead Road, Warren Lane, Copsem Lane, Esher Bypass, Kingston Bypass and Tolworth roundabout to normal route of travel, (for the normal traffic) Bridge Road, Church Lane and Garrison Lane to normal route of travel.
Dated this 12th day of September 2019 Jenny Melbourne Area Manager South
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ