THE former Chaplain's House, in Acton, formerly part of St Saviour’s Church, has been sold by Whybrows, acting for the Royal Association for Deaf People.

The three-storey house in Old Oak Road, just off The Vale, was officially opened in 1925 by the Prince of Wales, later Edward VIII, who laid the foundation stone.

It had been let to Buttercups Nursery on a lease expiring in 2020 and was being offered freehold at £895,000.

The property has now been sold to the nursery at an undisclosed price.