Name: John Pearson
Candidate for: Newcastle upon Tyne Central
John Pearson is a chartered surveyor and lectures at Northumbria University. He is married and has two grown-up daughters.
He has lived and worked for more than 35 years in the constituency, since first coming to Newcastle as a student.
He has been a Green Party member for a number of years, and has stood as a councillor in his ward for the past three years as well as elsewhere in the city prior to that.
Professionally he is a passionate supporter of sustainable construction and at a personal level he campaigns for local shopping facilities, affordable housing and an ecologically sound transport policy.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Friends star Matt LeBlanc to present new Top Gear
- Mike Wood holds Dudley South seat for the Tories
- Your chance to quiz Redditch election hopefuls
- Education a hot topic for debate
- Dramatic night at the polls leaves Worcester City Council in limbo
- Worcestershire elections 2014: Live
- European elections officially under way in South West
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment