Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting Ealing Times to 80360, or email us
Name: Gareth Kane
Candidate for: Newcastle upon Tyne Central
Party: Liberal Democrat
Born March 29, 1971. Educated at Cambridge and Newcastle University.
Spent four years working for the Ministry of Defence and 12 years working in the environmental/sustainability field. He currently runs his own environmental consultancy.
As a councillor he has represented the Ouseburn ward since 2004 and is currently the executive support member for climate change and sustainability.
He stood as the Lib Dem parliamentary candidate for Sunderland South in 2005.
He has two children and a partner.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
- Labour candidates get extra 13 days
- Call for changes after poll queues
- Alcohol sales below cost price axed