Get involved: send your pictures, video, news & views by texting Ealing Times to 80360, or email us
Name: Lynne Featherstone
Candidate for: Hornsey & Wood Green
Party: Liberal Democrat
Lynne Featherstone is the Liberal Democrat MP for Hornsey and Wood Green.
She first became involved in politics when she helped a residents' association fight council plans to introduce a parking scheme.
She then served as a councillor for Haringey Council from 1998-2008.
She served on the Metropolitan Police Authority and Chaired the Transport Committe for the GLA from 2000, before stepping down after being elected as MP for Hornsey and Wood Green in 2005.
She was promoted from the party's Home Affairs team to the Shadow Cabinet as International Development spokesperson in December 2006.
After Nick Clegg's election as party leader in 2007, she was appointed Youth and Equalities Spokesperson in the Shadow Cabinet.
She also spends time volunteering at the Royal Free Hospital, helping seriously ill patients. She is an amateur actress has also been a hospital radio disc-jockey.
She pledges to secure more funding for local schools.
She plans to set up a Hornsey hospital bus and improve public transport links.
She wants to promote better recycling and wants to help and encourage locals to reduce their carbon footprint, she is campaigning for there to be a climate change bill.
She also plans to take action to shorten the amount of time it takes for police to respond to a non-999 call.
GENERAL ELECTION 2010 – LATEST NEWS
- Dramatic night at the polls leaves Worcester City Council in limbo
- Worcestershire elections 2014: Live
- European elections officially under way in South West
- House prices on the rise with £20,000 increase since start of year
- Four-fifths of new university and college students own smartphones
- £130m investment set to boost Black Country employment
- Black-tie bash for James Bond will be golden for trust
- Government to probe torture claims
- Mandelson and Adonis leave cabinet
- Government to end top-down targets
Ealing Times is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.