1. THERE are plenty of Christmas Fairs to choose from this weekend (see what's on and the community news section) to get people in the mood for Christmas time. Stokenchurch is holding its own Winter Wonderland and Christmas Charity Event on Saturday. There will be a Christmas market which opens at 4pm. And the Christmas tree lights will be turned on at 5pm followed by the children's carol service. Money raised will go to South Bucks Hospice. The decorated outdoor Christmas village will be around Kings Hotel. There will be stalls, carousels, Christmas carols and a Santa's grotto. Village choir 6.15pm at the Kings Hotel steps. For more info or to book a stall call Jan on 01494 482454.
2. THE second concert of Beaconsfield Concerts Season is this Saturday. Young cellist, Yuki Ito will play. He gave his first public concert in 1996 at seven and has gone on to win prizes and accolades all over Europe, including last year, the Windsor Festival International String Competition. He made his début in London with the London Philharmonic Orchestra and has played at Wigmore Hall and the Southbank Centre. Along with Yuki are his friends Kumi Matsuo, piano, Olivia Dora, violin, and James Lill, piano. Their varied programme includes music by Brahms, Britten, Handel, Rachmaninov and Faure. The concert begins at 7.45pm at Beaconsfield High School, Wattleton Rd, with wine and soft drinks available at the interval and the chance to meet the artists after the performance. Membership for the whole season is a very reasonable £60 but non-members are very welcome and day- tickets at £16 can be obtained from 01494 678595.
3. A NINE-piece band called Gentleman's Dub Club will be playing at the Bucks Students Union tomorrow (Saturday) at 8pm. They blend ska, dubstep, dub and roots, and have gained notoriety for being one the liveliest bands around. The band has toured extensively, supporting a number of established artists such as Madness, Roots Manuva, The Streets, The Wailers and Finlay Quaye. Tickets are £9. Go to www.seetickets.com.
4. THE Wycombe Court Artists Winter show runs this weekend starting today (Friday) until Sunday from 11am-5pm daily. There will be original artworks by artists, Julie Wetenhall, Sue Fawthrop, Caroline Selvey, John Ashton, Tim Robinson, Sarah Jane Bennett and Jason Wrenn. Paintings, Ceramics, Sculpture, Glass, Jewellery, Wood, mulled wine, nibbles and festive gifts. 20 per cent of sales will be donated to South Bucks Hospice and Bucks Search and Rescue. Exhibition held in the heart of Lane End at Wycombe Court House, Church Road, Lane End. Follow the yellow signs (free parking in car park behind Post Office, disabled parking at the venue) Call 07711014841 for more details.
5. RADIO Times is on at the Wycombe Swan this weekend. Starring Gary Wilmot and Sara Crowe the show takes place in the heart of London's Blitz-torn West End as the cast of a radio show try to do their bit for the war effort. Full of comedy and classic songs it is sure to get your toe tapping. It is on tonight at 7.30pm, tomorrow at 2.30 and 7.30pm and Sunday at 3pm. To book go to www.wycombeswan.co.uk or call 01494 512000.